Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I have been totally swamped with a project for the last couple of weeks, and though I am a master procrastinator, it got to the point I knew taking the time and energy to blog would just make me feel more guilty. So that's why I've been M.I.A.

I mostly was just dropping in to announce that despite my lack of Catholic faith, I have given up Craigs List W4W for Lent.

But since I'm here, I would also love to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day.
I just wrote this about the good ol' VD, which historically has done me mostly wrong:

Hello fine folks. I know you all are very cool and forward minded and are completely impervious to the throes and passions and consumerism of the manipulative construction known as Valentine's Day, but me, I'm susceptible as shit. I love an excuse for an occasion, a date with a ritual,(hell when I'm dating I celebrate monthiverssaries), and plus, I'm a sucker for all of these things: chocolate, flowers, the color red, and love.

But whether you have a care about Valentine's Day or not, I want to thank you for your unique love: for making your love the way you envision it; with and for the people who speak to your individual heart, regardless if they do or do not look like the deserveds or beloveds on TV; which you make on any or every day that may be best for the inimitable recipe of love that you formulate; to be cooked in just the right way; with courage and sweetness and vulnerability, even (or especially!) when everything else is going absolutely batshit and loving seems like the silliest and most impossible thing to do. Thank you for doing it anyway, your way.





So go out and love some today, if you can in the way that works for you. I suggest starting with yourself and working outwards. I'll be spinning that spiral myself. Good luck and good love to us.

3 comments:

- said...

Big Love from Berlin! Missin' you.

xo
Irene

Unknown said...

Sparkling petals of love to you and yours! Happy Valentine's Day, and thanks for sharing the lovely post.

Diary of an info ninja said...

It's true... in the past year, loving has seemed like the craziest, wackiest, most impossible thing. And yet, somehow I'm doing it, more richly, fully, and multiversally than ever before. Happy VD to you!

xoxo

~ YIN, aka Miss Bix